To help you through the process of transferring to CU Boulder, please follow the below timeline to keep you on track and informed through each phase.
- Join our to learn about our academic programs, events, community and so much more.
- Schedule a â€”Prospective students who have not submitted an application can meet one-on-one, virtually, with an admission representative to discuss a plan for transferring to CU Boulder.
- â€”A pre-transfer advisor can help you choose courses at your current institution to facilitate your transfer to CU Boulder and understand degree requirements for your desired major.
- Take a virtual tourâ€”Explore our immersive and interactive undergraduate or our .Ìý
- Follow us on , Ìý²¹²Ô»å @FutureBuffs and join aÌýlive social eventÌýtoÌýlearn about the application process, transfer credit, registering for classes, campus life, how to chat with a current studentÌý²¹²Ô»å more.
- Military students:ÌýVisit the Veteran & Military Affairs website for more information regarding the processing of GI Bill and other military education benefits, as well as information regarding campus resources available to our veteran and active-duty population.
October 1â€”Spring application deadlineÌýEXTENDED! The spring 2024Ìýtransfer application will close Friday, November 17. Apply today.
You are automatically considered for transfer scholarships up until the June 1Ìýadmission application deadline for fall enrollment, but more are available via the CU Boulder Scholarship Application.ÌýTo gain access to the scholarship application, you must submit an admission application several days before the June 15 deadline.Ìý However, you do not need to be admitted to apply. We recommend you apply early to meet this deadline.
- Spring and summer applicants: You may submit a FAFSA for spring and summer terms, but institutional aid and scholarships are awarded every academic year starting with the fall semester.
Admission Decision Phase
Admission decisions for transfer students are made on a rolling basis. You will typically hear an admissionÌýdecision update between four and six weeks after you have submitted a completed application and all supporting materials. While you are waiting for an admission decision, we suggest that you do the following to prepare for possible admission:
- Visit the I've submitted my applicationÌýsectionÌýof our website to learn about nextÌýsteps, including applying for scholarships and learning about our Buff community.Ìýâ€‹Ìý
- Visit the I'veÌýbeen admittedÌýsectionÌýof our website to learn about nextÌýsteps, including reviewing your transfer credit evaluation and .Ìýâ€‹
- Connect with current CU Boulder transfer students and other prospective transfer students by joining the CU Boulder transfer student group.
- Ìý- Newly admitted transfer students can meet with a pre-transfer advisor to choose course options, discuss an estimated time to degree completion and ensure a successful transition.
We encourage you toÌýÌýas soon as possible after you haveÌýbeen admitted to give yourself time to complete important next stepsÌýsuch as completing online orientation and preparing to register for classes.ÌýPleaseÌývisit the New Student & Family ProgramsÌýwebsite for information on registration.
- Visit the I've confirmedÌýsectionÌýof our website to learn about nextÌýsteps. Ìýâ€‹