To request a copy of a police report, please use the online form to the right.

During the academic year, Records hours are Mon.through Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Records summer hours are Mon.through Fri. 7:30 a.m. to4:30 p.m.

If you have any questions or other requests, please email 䱫ʶ𳦴ǰ or call 303-492-5115.We accept most major credit cards, checks, or cash.

The CUPD complies with applicable laws pertaining to the release of open records. We are happy to help you with your request for information pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Law as found in CRS 24-72-201 et seq. and CRS 24-72-301 et seq., which allows for inspection of criminal justice records unless the release of such information would be contrary to state statute, prohibited by court order or Supreme Court rule, or contrary to the public interest. Some information within reports may be redacted as required by state law.All requests are processed as soon as possible, but may take up to three (3) business days. This timeline may be extended if extenuating circumstances exist that renders the report unavailable for immediate distribution.

The CUPD Records Section is the custodian of the criminal justice records for the agency. As such, we can only release records that originate from our agency. Additional records may exist which are not official CUPD records. In such cases, those records must be obtained from the originating agency and cannot be released by CUPD.

Occasionally a report cannot be released. In the event that this circumstance applies to your request, a records denial will be made in compliance with CRS 24-72-305.

Reporting crime to CUPD is easy and you have options.Remember if there is an emergency and/or an in-progress incident, please call 9-1-1.Some crimes or information may be reported to CUPD via the on-line reporting function located as a quick link at the top the left-hand side bar (Online Crime Reporting).Use this method when:

  • reporting anon-emergencycrime or incident
  • the crime or incident occurred on the CU Boulder campus
  • there are no known suspects

Lastly, anytime you want to speak with an officer to report a non-emergency incident or crime you can call CUPD's Communication Center at 303-492-6666.Always call 911if you have an emergency.